Last week I decided to torture myself for a day and here’s how it turned out:
Juice Bar has a 24 hour juice cleanse ($45) that I did with my friend, Bekah last Tuesday in preparation for her wedding on Saturday! The cleanse consisted of 6 bottles of juices that all had different flavors to them (I customized mine a bit because I really dislike beets and celery). You drink 1 every 3 hours or so throughout the day with LOTS of water in-between.
Here’s my day went:
- Super hungry in the morning even though I don’t normally eat a big breakfast
- Very energized around 11 a.m.
- Enjoyed people making food around the office because I was living vicariously through them. Sense of smell improved greatly
- Hit a wall at 2 p.m. and ate a stick of gum one bite at a time
- Got extremely hungry around 3 p.m. and tried to eat a crumb off of my desk
- Got loopy again at 4:30 p.m. (juice #4, last juice of the work day)
- One more juice once I got home
- Went for a drive to CVS and smelt fast food and almost started crying @ 6 p.m.
- 8 p.m. was due for my final (green) juice and couldn’t even stomach hearing the word “juice” so ate a bowl of steamed broccoli instead and almost cried it was so good
The real win was waking up the next morning at 6:30 a.m. without an alarm feeling completely energized. I did my makeup, curled my hair, went for a walk and picked up breakfast all before work! The upbeat energized feeling lasted the rest of the week (until a crazy busy weekend set me back).
While the energy was amazing, the 24 hours of only juice was not and I actually gained two pounds back from the diet I was on (either because of over-compensating the next day, or just throwing my body off cycle). If you’re looking for a jolt, I’d suggest just replacing breakfast with a juice! If you’re looking for an all-week vibrant feeling, the full day cleanse is your friend. If you just want to drop some weight quick, cut your calories down and do some cardio.
Maybe one day soon I’ll be able to see a juice bottle and not get a shiver down my spine…