I’ve got this gift that I want to share with you all; any time a National Food Holiday is happening, I make said food a couple of days before without even knowing. I guess you could say food & I are just really in sync.
In the spirit of National Sticky Bun Day, I wanted to share my secret to making perfect cinnamon buns every. single. time. I made these this past weekend and the only warning I will give you, is try to eat just one.
What you’ll need?
- Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar, plus more as needed
What to do?
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and grease an 8-inch cake pan
- Arrange cinnamon buns in a circle in the pan and throw that canned icing away – you won’t need it!
- Drizzle honey over top of the cinnamon buns and then sprinkle sugar on top
- Top each cinnamon bun with a tab of cold butter
- Bake for 13-17 min or until golden brown
While those are baking…
In large bowl, beat softened butter and cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed 2 to 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally, until smooth and creamy.
Stir in vanilla, then stir in powdered sugar. Add more powdered sugar as needed until frosting is a thick spreadable consistency.
When you take the cinnamon buns out of the oven and they’re still hot, spread your cream cheese frosting over top and let them sit for 10-15 minutes until the gooeyness sets in